It’s been a long time since I’ve done a recipe for you guys! Today’s dinner was chicken kievs with sweet potato fries and salad. Chicken kievs are one of my favourite comfort foods and I always like the extra garlicy! I’ve made the recipe as simple as possible but it’s a great dish to make for when you have friends around!
- So the main ingredients are as following:
- Chicken breasts (I used mini fillets, but I suggest chicken breast)
- Parsley (But I use basil, some people like to use chives)
- Plain white flour
- Bread crumbs (can be fresh or dried, I used dried)
- Sweet Potato
- Salt/Pepper/ Paprica
- Olive oil
If you’re wondering what the quantities are… I don’t measure when cooking things like this. So… make it up as you go along.
- Finely chop the parsley or basil or chives. Peel and crush the garlic. Get butter out the fridge to let it warm up a bit. I also cut up the butter.
- Add these ingredients into a bowl and smush together to make the garlic butter.
4. I then put them on a baking tray. I season with salt (you can be generous) pepper, paprika and then drizzle with olive oil. I put it into the oven which is set at gas mark 6.
5. Get your chicken breast on a board and cut a slit through the middle. Don’t cut all the way through.
10. Heat some oil in a pan and once the oil is heated (hot) add your chicken breast. Fry on both sides for about 1 minute or two. The pan should be hot for this. You don’t actually need to do this stage but I find that it makes the chicken kievs more crispy at the end. I also take this opportunity to season the chicken with salt.