Now that summer is just around the corner, it’s time to bust out some refreshing recipes. This quick and easy avocado and shrimp pasta recipe is not only quick and easy, but also a nice healthy option, perfect for bbqs and picnics.
You will need
- Spaghetti or linguine pasta
- A ripe avocado
- 1 table spoon of lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- Peeled shrimps
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- More parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
The recipe is super quick and easy
- Boil your pasta, drain and set aside
- Mash the avocado and mix in the lemon juice, the grated parmesan cheese and olive oil until it’s all creamy. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the butter and fry the garlic. Cook the shrimp in garlic butter.
- Add your pasta to the frying pan, then add your avocado mixture
- Stir it all up until it’s evenly coated, add salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle extra parmesan to serve
Once you have the basic recipe down, you can try and experiment with the ingredients. I’ve had fun replacing the shrimp with pancetta or bacon, giving it a sort of healthy carbonara feel. Adding creme fraiche or yoghurt can make the sauce more creamy if you prefer to have lots of sauce on your pasta. Chopped fresh coriander gives the dish a slight asian feel, and I’ve also put in fresh mint leaves for fun. Have a play around and message me your own variations!